The Journal of Hospital Infection
Promoting collaboration in infection control around the world
The Journal of Hospital Infection (Editor Dr Jenny Child) is the Official Journal of the Healthcare Infection Society and is published on its behalf by Elsevier. JHI is published on a monthly basis and is a comprehensive and up to date reference in hospital and healthcare infection control (2010 impact factor, 3.078). See http://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/current for details of the latest issue.
(NB HIS Members wishing to access the full text of articles must click on the special link in the Members' Area of the HIS website http://www.his.org.uk/members_area.cfm rather than clicking on the link above.)
Submission of articles
The Editor invites original papers, leading articles and correspondence in English, on all aspects of hospital infection as well as reviews on subjects of current interest. The journal seeks to promote collaboration between the many disciplines in infection control in different countries resulting in multidisciplinary and international coverage of the latest developments in this crucial area. Research areas include but are not limited to:
• Outbreak prevention in hospital or community settings
• Healthcare-associated infection surveillance
• Methods of prevention of healthcare-associated infection
• Prevention of infection in immunosuppressed patients
• Infection hazards associated with medical devices
• Role of medical equipment in healthcare-associated infection
• Disinfection and sterilization
• Cleaning, environmental contamination and its surveillance
• Management of clinical waste
• Laboratory diagnostics in relation to infection prevention and control
• Use of antibiotic prophylaxis in infection prevention
• Use of IT systems in infection surveillance
• Design of hospitals and healthcare premises
• Infection hazards associated with critical care units, or other specific healthcare departments
All Members of the Healthcare Infection Society have access to JHI Online including the full archive of issues back to Vol 1. No. 1 published in March 1980. Access is now via the Members’ area of the HIS website (go to http://www.his.org.uk/members_area.cfm).
Go to http://www.his.org.uk/about_us/apply_for_membership.cfm for information on how to apply for membership.
For information on non-member subscriptions, go to:
Personal subscriptions: http://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/pricing