Resources & Guidelines
Guidelines produced by HIS working parties and in collaboration with other Professional organisations.
A comprehensive collection of national and international guidelines and reports produced to support infection prevention and control practice and management.
Further useful documents and resources.
Regular updates and links to news items of interest in Healthcare Infection
Links to other Professional Societies, National Bodies, Journals and other useful sources.
Latest Resources & Guidelines added:
Health and Social Care Act 2008 (July 2015) Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance, [added 2 October 2015, Guidelines and Reports page]
The O’Neill Commission report on the financial burden of Antimicrobial Resistance: Tackling a crisis for the health and wealth of nations, [added 11 December 2014, Guidelines and Reports page]
UK Governments 5 Year Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Strategy 2013–2018 Annual progress report and implementation plan 29014, [added 11 December 2014, Guidelines and Reports page]
Department of Health 'Implementation of modified admission MRSA screening
guidance for NHS (2014)' is available here [added 3 September 2014, Guidelines and Reports page]
- NICE Quality Standard 6: Infection Prevention and Control is available here [added 30 April 2014, Guidelines and Reports page]
epic3: National Evidence-Based Guidelines for Preventing Healthcare-Associated Infections in NHS Hospitals in England (open acces) is available here [added 12th December 2013, Journal of Hospital Infection Site]
- HIS working party releases 'Guidance on the use of respiratory and facial protection equipment' (open acccess) and is available here [added 25 September 2013, Journal of Hospital Infection Site]
- CDC Report: Antibiotic Reistance Threats in the United States, 2013 [Added 17 September 2013, Guidelines & Reports page]
- Department of Health management and decontamination of surgical instruments used in acute care (CFFP A - E) - [Added 13 September 2013, Guidelines & Reports page]
- Guidelines on the facilities required for minor surgical procedures and minimal access intervention - [Added 15 July 2013, HIS Guidelines page]
- Guidelines for prevention and control of group A streptococcal infection in acute healthcare and maternity settings in the UK - [Added 15 July 2013, HIS Guidelines page]
- Guidelines for the management of norovirus outbreaks in acute and community health and social care settings - [Added 15 July 2013, HIS Guidelines page]