£60 (print and electronic JHI)*
£50 (electronic JHI only)
£25 (for new consultants who are 6 months post-CCT, for a further two years as a new consultant - electronic JHI only)**
In accordance with HMRC guidance, you can claim tax relief on the membership fees you pay to Healthcare Infection Society if your membership relates to your job.
Full membership is open to:
Medically qualified microbiologists and infectious disease physicians; or
Microbiologists, with qualifications of PhD or FRCPath, working in the field of hospital and other healthcare-associated infection; or
Other graduates (for example, infection prevention and control practitioners, antimicrobial pharmacists or clinical scientists) who have demonstrated a consistent and continuing interest in hospital and other healthcare-associated infection, by relevant publication, or by other means.
Others working in the field of hospital and other healthcare-associated infection who have a significant level of experience (at least 5 years working in a senior IPC role).
All membership applications will be at the discretion of Council.
*Overseas members - £70 (print and electronic JHI)
** The half price fee only applies to membership with electronic JHI. New consultants wishing to have a print copy will need to pay the full fee of £60.
Membership is for 1 year and includes:
- Subscription to the Journal of Hospital Infection (JHI)*
- Discounted registration rates for conferences, training events and courses
- Opportunity to apply for generous grants, awards and fellowships
- Regular member email updates regarding HIS activities and initiatives (to help members to stay up to date and continue their professional development)
- Full access to the JHI complete archive (when logged in)
- 10% discount on JHI Open Access publication charges (when corresponding author is a member)
- 20% discount on gold Open Access publication fees for Infection Prevention in Practice (when corresponding author is a member)
- Access to members’ only resources, including past conference presentations and member only consultations
- Opportunities to influence national guidance and policy
- Opportunities to be involved in HIS Working Parties
- Full voting rights and eligibility to stand for Council
You can join at any time of the year.
Membership fee refunds for any part of a fiscal year are not allowed under this policy unless a duplicate payment has been made. In such a case, the claimant must provide proof of the double payment. In this circumstance a full refund will be made.